Meet the most devious and fearsome members of the Landsraad
With Dune: Spice Wars heading into Early Access later this year, the factions involved in a bid to dominate the universe are going to play an important part in the game.ㅤ
We’ve already given players a download of House Atreides, now, we’ll share what you need to know about its bitter rival, House Harkonnen, with info straight from Shiro Games and Funcom.
Who Are House Harkonnen?
Hailing from the heavily industrialized planet of Gledi Prime and under the iron fist of Baron Vladimir Harkonnen, this House is infamous for its ambition, brutality, and malevolence, making it one of the most feared houses in the Imperium.
Devious and sinister political tactics are this house’s calling card, and its historical feud with House Atreides has been going on for centuries. This is a force to be reckoned with, and one to fear.
Baron Vladimir Harkonnen
Baron Vladimir Harkonnen is the leader of House Harkonnen, one of the wealthiest members of the Landsraad and Duke Leto Atreides’ most dangerous rival. He is an unparalleled conspirator, as ruthless and cruel as he is intelligent and cunning.
The Baron is power-hungry and has a knack for manipulating others and exploiting their weaknesses, as well as a propensity for torture and blackmail, making him one of the most-dangerous predators on Arrakis.
Harkonnen Councillors in Dune: Spice Wars
Surrounding himself with like-minded people, the Baron can call upon the likes of Glossu Rabban to control the people for maximum profit, the powerful Mentat Pieter de Vries for spying and espionage, Feyd-Rautha for political manipulation, and finally, Iakin Nefud, for military might.
Harkonnen General Gameplay
With little care for honor, the formidable Harkonnen forces combine their might with underhanded tactics to achieve their goals. Shady politics, assassination, and cutting-edge spying are all part of the game. Together with indoctrinated soldiers, this is a well-oiled war machine set to dominate.
Harkonnen Unique Units in Dune: Spice Wars
The House views its troops as expendable and fanatical soldiers, ready to kill and perish for any cause.
These unique units include:
- Troopers, armed with razor-sharp blades, who are able to enter a berserker rage when injured, ignoring their pain and increasing their strength the closer they are to death.
- Vanguards are masters of combat, and excellent assassins, who revel in blood and death, slaying their targets one after another in an unflinching and unfeeling fashion.
- Gunners, experts in demolition, equipped with experimental explosive weapons manufactured in secret. Their damage is so extensive that their troops are often wounded and killed by their own fire, for the glory of the House.
- House Guards, ruthless killers, unstoppable war machines who will follow and carry out any orders given to them without hesitation.
- Stealth Probes, disposable and inexpensive mechanical units, were developed for the sole purpose of espionage and murder from the shadows.
Dune: Spice Wars is set to launch later in the year on Steam Early Access.