Following a successful launch earlier in December 2022, developers Fatshark is ready to roll out the brand new content update for Warhammer 40,000: Darktide. Titled The Signal, players will be able to experience a brand new mission and more when they jump back into Tertium to fight the forces of Chaos.
The new content includes the new mission, Comms-Plex 154/2f, which takes place in the Throneside District, with the objective to get to the roof of the HL-19-24 Archivum and re-establish communications in order to send a status report out-system. Naturally, it is not going to be an easy task for any team of Rejects, so keeping communications clear and engaging in teamwork are vital to the cause.
In addition, the new Darktide update also adds two new weapons, one for the Zealots and another for the Ogryn. The Indignatus Mk IVe Crusher is a two-handed Power Maul for the former, while the latter can look forward to wielding the one-handed Achlys Mk I Power Maul. The crafting system is also getting expanded with the ability to both refine weapons and Curios, making the fight a little easier with progress through the game. Missions may also offer the new condition of Hunting Grounds, which sees an increased number of Pox Hounds in the mission, alongside more that will be revealed in the coming days.
Those looking for ways to just enjoy Warhammer 40,000: Darktide and the new update with their friends can also utilize the new Private Sessions feature to set things up. Instead of queuing up with random players, Private Sessions will offer more flexibility and control for teams looking to change up their time in the game.
Fatshark will continue to support the game for the long term, especially as Darktide has hit some significant milestones. Since launch, Rejects have spent an average of 15.3 hours exploring the Hive City, created over 1.3 million characters, eliminated more than 3.8 million Heretics, and thrown over 52 million grenades among other impressive statistics.
The new Darktide update is accompanied by patch 10.0.20. Some of the most notable changes include:
- The chat window is now accessible on all loading screens and during the outro cinematic after a mission. You will also have access to a Strike Team chat channel in the Mourningstar if you invite someone to your Strike Team while in the Mourningstar.
- The option to merge Strike Teams during the end-of-round screen has been temporarily removed while we improve this functionality.
- Added 2400 Aquilas pack so cosmetic bundles can be purchased at face value.
- An option to skip the intro cinematic has been added to the options menu.
Contracts & Penances
- Isolated and resolved a rare issue that could cause Contract progression during a mission to be lost when the mission completes at the end of the round.
- An issue was detected in the penance “Pick N’ Mix'” where it could in some circumstances not be awarded as expected.
- Fixed an issue where Zealot Preacher’s ability ‘Chastise the Wicked’ could get interrupted if used while having been pushed by enemy attacks.
- Fixed issue where Psykinetics “Inner Tranquility” talent caused slower quell speeds.
- Fixed a bug where being hit while lugging disabled coherency toughness regen for 100 seconds or until hit again.
- Improved precision smart targeting.
- Fixed a bug where you couldn’t perform heavy attacks while with the Obscurus Mk II Blaze Force Sword whilst holding sprint. Made sure all attacks and start actions can be used with sprint.
- Fixed issue where Zealot Preacher would dash through enemies if they were too close
- Fixed issue where some pickups could not be interacted with due to being inside collision.
- Moved the spawn point of Daemonhost from respawn location in Power Matrix mission.
- Fixed some Diamantine that couldn’t be picked up in Excise Vault Spireside-13.
- Fixed an area where players could leave the play area in Enclavum Baross.
- Fixed a spot on Enclavum Baross where players could stand and be out of reach from melee heretics.
- Fixed an issue where a Horde could spawn next to the players in the end event in the
- Consignment Yard HL17-36 mission.
- Fixed a spot where players could get stuck on HL17-36 Smelter Complex.
- Fixed a bug where enemy units were spawning in plain sight in Consignment Yard HL17-36 end event.
- Fixed an issue where players could enter a soft-locked state in the prologue.
- Fixed an issue where the Valkyrie would arrive silently during the end event in Enclavum Baross.
- Fixed a scripture that couldn’t be picked up in Refinery Delta-17.
- Fixed an issue where Monstrosities could not reach the players in Refinery Delta-17.
- Fixed a soft lock that can occur on levels with airlocks should a player join a mission whilst the airlock is closing.
- Fixed a spot on Enclavum Baross where enemies could walk through walls.
- Fixed a spot on HL17-36 Smelter Complex where players could respawn behind a dropdown, rendering them unrescuable.
- Fixed an issue where players joining midway through HL-16-11 Chasm Station could spawn in behind a now closed door.
- Fixed an issue where one of the Grimoires could not be collected on Chasm Logistratium.
- Fixed an issue where one of the Grimoires could not be collected on the HL17-36 Smelter Complex.
- Fixed a railing on HL17-36 Consignment Yard that was a missing collision.
- You can now reach the Penance menu by interacting with the newly added interaction spot in the HUB.
- Fixed a bug in the Psykhanium where unequipping a weapon with a trait/perk makes the other equipped weapons’ traits/perks not work.
- Fixed a spot where players could get stuck on HL-17-36 Power Matrix.
- Fixed an area where players could be thrown into an inaccessible area by a Mutant on HL17-36 Smelter Complex.
- Tweaked timing and added a few elites to the end event in Enclavum Baross mission.
- Fixed an NPC shooting without a gun on the Prologue.
- Fixed various issues with cosmetics (clipping etc).
- Resolved an issue where selecting blind eye options would remove the information about the Cadia homeworld restriction during the character creation screens.
- Resolved an issue where the Psyker convict upper body garb for the crime of Misplaced Faith may disappear from the inventory view. It was never removed from your inventory but may have appeared to no longer be present.
- Resolved an issue where restrictions on items would disappear when viewing an item in the Commodore’s Vestures.
- Fixed an issue with an Ogryn mustache that only appeared during cutscenes or when observed within kissing distance (note, do not kiss the Ogryn)